Sargaalaya offers a live display of craftsmanship providing a close look at every aspect of manufacturing for art and craft enthusiasts and even conducts workshops for people who desire to learn about it.
A DESTINATION FOR EXPERIENCING KERALA’S ART AND CRAFT HERITAGE
CREATE AWARENESS ABOUT KERALA’S ART AND CRAFT HERITAGE TO TOURIST FRATERNITY, PRESERVE AND ENRICH THEM TO EMPOWER KERALA’S TRADITIONAL ARTISTS AND CRAFTS PERSONS
- To impart a unique experience of exploring Kerala’s art and craft heritage. — view more
- To create employment opportunities for the local community by empowering them to supply various services in tourism value chain.– view more
- To re-orient heritage arts and crafts villages of Kerala to enable visitors to have a unique experience.– view more
- Documentation of all related activities for enriching the tourist experiences.– view more
- To maintain harmony with local environment, community, and culture as part of responsible tourism development.– view more
- To create interest among students and the younger generation in handicrafts making by giving an opportunity to experience the same.– view more
- To revive and preserve languishing arts and crafts.– view more
- To enrich traditional skill for developing products to meet the contemporary requirement.– view more
- To integrate different crafts for developing new value-added products.– view more
- To stimulate social, cultural and economic vitalities.– view more
- To promote cultural interactions within and abroad for mutual understanding and enrichment.– view more
- To create livelihood opportunities for artists and craftspersons with a special focus on women and weaker sections of society.– view more
- To create new opportunities and avenues for Artists and Craftspersons to perform and exhibit their products for an exhibition, fairs, and online marketing.– view more
- To create an opportunity to sell artifacts directly to customers to protect the interest of the artist and craftsperson from the middlemen exploitation.– view more
- Special Recognition Awards at South Asian Travel Awards (SATA)
- National Tourism Award for Best Rural Tourism Project in India.
- Kerala’s Best Tourism destination Award.
- Generated more than 400 Direct & more than 1000 indirect Employment opportunity to Artisans and Rural People.
- Augmented Tourism in north Kerala
- Became a Marketing Hub for Artisans in Kerala and other States of India
- Extended support in reviving few languishing crafts i.e. Kora Grass Mat & Pottery
- One of our artisan has received World Crafts Council Award of Excellence for Handicrafts -2016 and International Craft Award in 2017